My Amazon Store

Want to buy the things you see on my blog?! Now you an on my Amazon Page: https://www.amazon.com/shop/ocfoodiegirl

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

#OCEATUP at Ritz Prime Seafood

I had the pleasure of being included in the most recent #OCEATUP hosted by the gracious folks from Melissa's Produce and the OCFoodies. They treated us like royalty, even greeting us with a glass of champs as we walked into the restaurant!

The restaurant itself is simply stunning with modern sleek decor and a beautiful water views. I've been there a few times before -- once for OC Restaurant Week and another time for Happy Hour on the patio. Both were great experiences so I knew we were in for a treat! 

The dinner started with a bang with the amazing hamachi crab roll w avocado mango tobiko and lime. This was SERIOUSLY delicious and one of my favorite items of the evening. Very fresh fish paired with creamy avocado and the sweet mango just made for a perfect combination!


Next up was Oysters Rockefellar w creamed kale, grana padano cheese and topped w panko - all broiled up nice and toasty. This was one amazing little bite!







After the appetizers we were served some yummy salads - I especially enjoyed the chopped wedge w kurabota bacon, tomatoes, and roquefort cheese. I could've eaten this alone for dinner and been a very happy camper! The other salad was a tasty caeser salad w Spanish anchovies, grana padano cheese & torn croutons.
 

Up next were the four amazing entrees...all of which were perfectly cooked and served w complimentary veggies and sauces.

My favorite was the American Wagyu short ribs with whipped yukon potatoes, demi-glace and cipollini onions. It was literally fall apart tender and paired perfectly with the creamy potatoes...I would order this again in a heartbeat.



My other favorite was the Georges Bank sea scallops w smoked carrot puree...sweet tender scallops went perfectly with the slightly sweet puree topped with crispy slivers of carrot.



The salmon was also perfectly cooked and served with a super tasty kohlrabi cream....yum!


Jidori chicken with corn and bacon pudding with pan roasted jus was the final entree. The pudding alone was a meal all by itself - very substantial and super tasty with the bacon studded throughout. We also go to try the creamed spinach which was loaded w bacon and extra creamy - loved it even though my waistline probably didn't! ;)




I also have to make a comment about the amazing wine pairing we were served with each dish AND the stunning craft cocktails - which I HIGHLY recommend! 


No comments:

Post a Comment