My Amazon Store

Want to buy the things you see on my blog?! Now you an on my Amazon Page: https://www.amazon.com/shop/ocfoodiegirl

Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Orange County Restaurant Week is BACK! March 8-14th!



It's that time again! 

The 12th annual OC Restaurant Week is ALMOST here, happening from March 8 - 14th! This is the time to try out a new place or return to an old favorite. Soooo many amazing lunch and dinner deals at some of OC's best dining establishments with prices starting at $10 for lunch and $20 for dinner. That is one thing I love about this special week - there really is something for everyone at every price point. Take a peek at the list of restaurants for yourself: http://www.ocrestaurantweek.com/participating-restaurants.html


This year, they're also kicking it up with a special spicy menu, with dishes rated from 1-10 on the spice-meter! Check it out: http://www.ocrestaurantweek.com/spicy-menus.html




AND if that's not enough check out the special cocktails that participating restaurants have concocted for OC Restaurant Week:  http://www.ocrestaurantweek.com/cocktails-of-restaurant-week.html





The best way to map out your plan of attack?! Attend the OC Restaurant Week Launch Party on Saturday, March 7th! The Launch Party is an worthy event all by itself with over 40 participating restaurants, along with several sponsors handing out yummy bites and sips while enjoying the afternoon at the beautiful Irvine Spectrum Marriott with a live DJ and lots of fun! This event sells out EVERY year so if you're thinking about going, grab your tickets ASAP at this link:  http://www.ocrestaurantweek.com/launch-party.html

I've been asked several times where I'm going to be dining for OCRW and a few of my not-to-be-missed places are as follows (although you REALLY can't go wrong with any of the participating restaurants!):

Utopia European Caffe - if you haven't tried this little gem at The District in Tustin you've been missing out. Yes it's a EUROPEAN cafe but the finds here are all about the Turkish food, as the caffee is owned by a Turkish family and offers some delicious Mediterranean food. I also like that they have a slew of choices on their menu - some restaurants limit you to a few options but not Utopia, plus for $15 for lunch or $20 for dinner, this is a great way to try them out!

My favorite part of OCRW is trying new restaurants and I can't tell you how happy I was to see Scarlet Kitchen and Lounge on the list of participating restaurants!  I have been anxiously awaiting the opening of Scarlet Kitchen and am so excited that they are participating in OCRW cuz there's no better way to try out a new restaurant! I'm also excited to see a Lobster Grilled Cheese as an option - yum! 

Another new restaurant that just opened in the old Journeyman location in Fullerton is the Bronze Quail so I might be hitting BQ as well if I can fit it into my week. OCRW is too short! 

I'll also at some point be hitting my favorite Mix Mix Kitchen especially cuz Chef Ross is featuring a special dish, the Tuna Kinilaw. I've never had a dish I didn't like at Mix Mix or Terrace by Mix Mix so I'm eager to try it since it's only here for a limited time!  

Seriously OC this is the one week where the only thing you want to make for dinner is reservations! Diet the next week...and enjoy it! ;) 




No comments:

Post a Comment